Call for Projects
Submissions are now closed
Join us for the exhibition opening:
Thursday November 19, 2015 | 6pm-9pm
401 Richmond St West, Toronto, ON
Call for Projects for Exhibition and Publication
Twenty + Change is a non-profit volunteer-run organization, established to encourage the exchange of ideas, and to expose and disseminate the work of a new generation of Canadian architects and designers. The fourth version of Twenty + Change, Next Generation, will feature projects and practices that are setting a new agenda for innovation and excellence through their built or speculative work.
Canadian design practices working in architecture, landscape architecture and urban design are invited to submit projects for consideration for inclusion in the Next Generation exhibition and publication. Projects of all types, either theoretical or real and executed in any medium, are welcome. The Curatorial Committee will select work for presentation in an exhibition scheduled to open in Fall 2015, and subsequently travel to venues across Canada. A catalogue of selected projects will be published for the exhibition and will be distributed worldwide.
Visit the Curatorial Committee, page for details.
- Projects must be submitted by Canadian firms or individuals, currently based in Canada.
- Entrants must have been practicing independently for less than ten years.
- Entrants must submit work completed independently; no work done as an employee of a firm, where the entrant is not a principal or partner, is eligible for submission.
- Entrants must have completed at least one built project under their name, regardless of scale, or have a project currently under construction. No student work will be considered.
- Educators may not include work done in their studios or for their teaching.
- Projects submitted may be of any scale, new construction or renovation, and built or unbuilt. There is no restriction on where submitted projects, speculative or built, are located.
- Firms or individuals who have been featured in any previous version of Twenty + Change are not eligible.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of four (4) projects - each project can be depicted on one or two panels maximum.
- Panels must be 30” x 30”, and should include graphic information (photography, renderings, drawings, sketches, or diagrams), firm name and project name. Panels should not include project descriptions or text, as these will be displayed alongside the graphic panels during the exhibition.
- Entrants are encouraged to submit panels showing large-format photographic images or drawings of projects.
- Panels are to be submitted as digital files only. High resolution Adobe pdf files must be submitted (30”x30” @ 300 dpi, maximum 80MB files) for the selection process and will be used for the exhibition panels. Please also include a lower resolution Adobe pdf containing both your panel(s) and written information (practice profile and project description) in a single file, maximum 2MB file.
- Entrants must include a maximum of ten (10) high resolution individual images of each project as TIFF files (8x10” @ 300 dpi).
- Submissions must include a maximum 300 word description of each project and include project credits (including design team, contractor, photo credits, location, and date of the project). Project credits will not be considered in the 300 word count.
- Entrants must also submit a maximum 250 word practice profile with pertinent practice information including ﬁrm name, ﬁrm mandate, web address, and all contact information. Entrants are strongly encouraged to articulate the areas of design interest, expertise, or research in their practice profile.
- All text information should be submitted in both PDF and Word RTF (Rich Text Format) document form.
- Submissions in French must be accompanied by an English translation.
Electronic submission begins on May 20, 2015.
Entrants should upload their project submissions to a file sharing site such as
Google Drive, or
The Twenty + Change electronic submission form contains fields where entrants can paste the download links for each project.
Please have these links ready before you begin your submission and ensure that permissions are set to "allow anyone with the link to access".
When setting up your sharing link to Dropbox or Google Drive folders, please ensure that it is set to "anyone with link can view".
Do NOT share it by specific email address.
Upon completion of the electronic entry form, you will receive an email confirmation of your entry with instructions for submitting payment for the submission fee. The submission fee must be received by June 9th for your project to be considered. Entrants are encouraged to send their entries by traceable means such as courier or express post to ensure delivery. Twenty + Change cannot be responsible for payments received by mail after the selection process, which will be approximately 2 weeks after the submission deadline.
Each entrant must submit a non-refundable entry fee of $60 per project entered. Collected funds will help offset the cost of the exhibition and publication. Payments by cheque only, made payable to "Twenty and Change". Please send or drop off payment to:
Twenty and Change
c/o 258 - 401 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
Summary of Requirements
Please ensure that the following is included with your submission:
- Panels - Adobe PDF file, press quality or minimum 30”x30” @ 300 dpi, and low res PDF file containing lower resolution panel and written information, for each project
- Maximum 10 high resolution images of each project - 8x10” @ 300 dpi
- Project description – maximum 300 words, in RTF format
- Practice profile – maximum 250 words, in RTF format
- Submission fee
- Entry form complete online with complete contact information including email address and telephone.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.